- I hated the bailouts but it was necessary. No it wasn’t, Mr. President. It’s natural for businesses to come and go. Economies always correct themselves when unburdened by meddlesome, manipulative governments trying to micromanage that which they don’t understand.
- New fees on banks. Such fees will merely be placed on the already burdened backs of Americans, not the banks nor the bank owners.
- New jobs bill. Because the so called stimulus bill failed utterly to created jobs.
- Take borrowed money that was repaid and re-borrow it to other smaller banks. Sorry, but no. Our country is in debt as it is, the free ride is over for all.
- Small business tax credit. Sorry, I don’t trust a guy claiming to be about helping small businesses when he’s trying to kill businesses with health care reform taxes and cap-and-trade taxes among who knows what else lying in wait by the tax-and-spend crazies in Washington.
- Raise taxes on companies sending jobs over seas and lower taxes on those who keep them here. Agreed so long as the taxes apply only to actual jobs in and out of country. No BS with companies being headquartered in the U.S. to get the tax breaks while jobs are done outside the country.
- Financial reform. Too bad what Washington calls reform, is anything but.
- Create clean energy jobs by imposing cap-and-trade. And watch American companies crumble under the tax burden while pollution actually increases. Just as the Euros how well cap-and-trade failed to do anything and green ecofascists like Al Gore will reap huge profits off the backs of the American workers and business.
- The government is going to help double exports over the next 5 years. Heh. Right. It’s not free trade or fair trade if the government dictates exports. Statist socialist fool.
- I want healthcare reform even if Americans hate it. It’s dead, Jim…er..Barack.
- Freeze government spending after 2011. So why not immediately? And why just a piddly ten billion or so when the country is facing trillions from President Obama’s and Congress’ disastrous spending spree? Why only three years? Why not ban pork barrel spending? Why not a balanced budget amendment? Hmm?
- Limit lobbyists. Agreed, but the SOTUS just killed anything short of a constitutional amendment declaring corporations and non-person entities are not entitled to the same rights as people as the Framers of the Constitution intended. Until then, the U.S. as a democracy is dead. We’re a corporate hegemony at worst and a corporatocracy at best.
- Democrats need to govern and Republicans are meanies for not kowtowing to us. Yeah that turned out sooo well this year, ignoring the fact that a number of Dems joined the Reps in opposing some of the insanity gripping Washington, DC.
- Securing nuclear arms materials. Not many people think it’ll amount to much nor care at the moment considering international efforts in that area have failed (I.e. North Korea and Iran).
- Repeal ban on gays in the military. Agreed, but didn’t President Obama promise that last year. Just do it already by executive order if need be and end the friggin’ issue. Most people I know in the military don’t give a rat’s ass about whether a fellow soldier is gay or not, just that they can do their job.
“And one year later, the worst of the storm has passed.”
LOL. Yeah, right, sure. Out of touch, delusion little fool.
Lame speech, trying to lazily portray himself as a “populist” and tap into Americans genuine anger of not only Congress but of the entire government and the rot of corruption eating away at the nation from the arrogance of the Presidency to the corporate sellouts at the Supreme Court to the stinking corpse that is the Halls of Congress. Sadly the fool thinks a few platitudes and trying to divert the people with classism and division will appease the masses so that the corruption can continue as before. He’s wrong and clearly desperate.
Regime Change 2010.
Current score: People: 1 Government: 0