In the U.S. government:
- The unspoken and MSM ignored H.R. 45 (Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009). It sounds like a good thing on the surface until you take a look at the egregious invasion of privacy and near criminalization of gun owners (fingerprinting, federal government identification (why is this ok but a national id opposed by these nutters?), approval by the Attorney General of the United States, forced consent to allow AG or AG reps to look at medical records, forced tracking of law abiding citizens by requirement to inform the Federal government when you move, giving up 4th Amendment rights in order to be “licensed”, subverting the 10th Amendment, and so on).
- White House proposing oversight of the 2010 U.S. Census instead of Commerce Department. Why the sudden need for White House supervision?
- Reintroduction of “Fairness Doctrine”. Why at this time after so many years of its absence? Simple. Some elements of the Democratic Party desire to use the Fairness Doctrine as a way to silence criticism of their agenda and popular media figures. They have forgotten the FCC itself abolished the practice after coming to the conclusion that government intrusion restricted journalistic freedom and hindered public discussion of issues. Why would anyone want to reinstate a program that allows government interference into broadcasting as well as hinders journalistic freedom and public discussion? Would they next try to impose the Fairness Doctrine on the internet?
- Card Check. If passed The end of secret voting on whether to unionize or not.
Of course there was somewhat good news in the passing of the stimulus bill. I still consider it a pork fest and believe it will do little to nothing to help the economy while punishing our grandchildren with ridiculous amounts of debt.
At the UN and World:
- Apparently some twits at the corrupt United Nations want 0.7% of the stimulus bill. Of course these are the same twits that want 0.7% of the GNP. I say not until they show transparency, accountability, and eliminate uneeded positions, gifts, and graft.
- Voting in Venezuela. Chavez hopes to dupe the citizenry there into allowing him to set himself up as President for Life. Hopefully, they’ll be smart enough to realize term limits were placed in their constitution to protect them and their democracy for neo-socialists like Chavez.
- Idiots claiming certain diseased don’t exist when in fact they do. Annoys me to no end. Morons.